- 3–4 medium size zucchini (grated)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2–3 jalapeno diced
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan parmesan (shredded)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tbs Follow Your Heart Vegan Eggs (mixed w 1/2 cup of water or almond milk)
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 2/3 cup red onion
- 1 cup spinach or arugula
- 1/2 squeeze lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Grate zucchini, sprinkle with salt, let stand for 10.
- Make the vegan egg, stir, combine, should have a semi thick consistency. (let it stand for a few minutes, will thicken more) – You can also do 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax, 6 tbsp water)
- Take a cheese cloth or mesh nut milk bag and place zucchini in it and squeeze out the excess water. There should be at least 2 cups of water removed. Once zucchini is drained place in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine. (I combine the dry ingredients first) The consistency should be thick not soupy.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium size pan on (medium-high heat) and form the mixture into a patty. The pattie should sizzle, you want it hot. The hotter it is the crispier they are and less soggy they can be. Also, the thicker you make the patty the longer it will take to cook and the more likely it can get soggy.
- Make a small dish of additional vegan egg, wet each patty with it then throw on the pan. Let it cook on one side for 3-5 minutes, then flip. I would cook one at a time to make sure that they cook optimally! Transfer the zucchini fritters to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle them with salt.
- Repeat the scooping and cooking process with the remaining zucchini mixture. If you’re still seem soggy, throw them in the oven for 10 minutes on 350, will drain the liquid more and still give a crisp edge.
- Avocado cream: Place everything in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Top the patties with avocado cream, cilantro, and serve immediately!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Fritter
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner/Appetizer