- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2 tablespoons vegan butter or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons water (cold)
- 2 small zucchini grated, drained
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the vegan butter, mixing until crumbly.
- Gradually add in the cold water 1tbs at a time and combine until the dough starts to come together. If too wet add a sprinkle of flour. water.
- Once the dough pulls together and there’s no extra flour, cover the dough with plastic wrap, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out onto a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thickness. You can roll it out between sheets of wax or parchment paper to prevent breaking. Once your dough is rolled out, gently press it into a pie tin, trimming any extra bits along the edges. Prick with a fork all over. Place in freezer until ready to fill. You can flash bake the crust for 10 minutes on 400, but you don’t have to.
- Grate the zucchini and remove the water by squeezing in a nut milk bag, cheese cloth or by hand. In a pan over medium heat add the olive oil and shallots, saute until translucent, add the zucchini and garlic, cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender combine the filling ingredients. Add a lil almond milk if needed to get it to blend smoothly. Fold in the cooked zucchini mixture and fill the pie crust. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and firm.
To add another dimension of flavor you can top with free herbs, add them to the pan while sautéing zucchini.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1