Green Goddess Sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped tarragon
- 3 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1/4 cup basil (optional)
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- salt/pepper as needed
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves
- ⅔ cup finely grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- ½ cup fresh Gluten Free Panko or bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp ground flax, 3 tbsp water
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sauce: Throw all of the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Burgers: Combine the ground flax and water, set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium-size skillet and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt, the garlic and the grated carrot, and continue to cook for another minute or two, until fragrant and the carrot has softened slightly. Remove from the heat.
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, puree the beans with the lemon juice. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the onion mixture, the parsley, tarragon, the bread crumbs and the flax egg. Season to taste. Shape into patties, ½- to ¾-inch thick. Set on a parchment-covered baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large, heavy skillet or on a griddle over medium heat and brown the patties for 4 minutes on each side, being very careful when you turn them over. An offset spatula works well for this. Serve on buns with green goddess sauce and condiments of your choice.