- 2 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, strained, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you can use oil from the jar if needed)
- 6 tbsps fresh lemon juice4 Tbsps tahini
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh basil , plus more for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, minus the basil, and pulse for 1 minute, scraping down the sides, pulse again. If the consistency is still too thick, gradually add the liquid from the chick pea cans to smooth it out and combine for another 2 – 3 minutes longer.
- Add the chopped basil and pulse a few more times. You can add it in the beginning, but this will give more aesthetic appeal to see the basil.
- To serve drizzle with a lil olive oil and garnish with sliced basil and chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1