- 9 cups peeled and chopped sweet potatoes, about 4 large potatoes
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
GF Crumble Topping:
- Add the sweet potatoes to a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain, then add them back to the pot or a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- To the large pot or bowl with the cooked sweet potatoes, add the coconut sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mash with a potato masher. Continue to mash or stir with a spoon until well combined.
- Spread the potato mixture in the prepared dish, and smooth it out evenly with a spatula.
- Make the topping: In a medium bowl, stir all the topping ingredients, minus pecans, together with a spoon. Use your hands if necessary until moist crumbs form. Now mix in the pecans. (prevents them from breaking)Evenly sprinkle the topping on the sweet potato filling and bake for 35-45 minutes, until bubbly on the edges and the topping is golden brown. Serve immediately!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving Size: 6-8