FOR THE CRUST:
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup rhubarb, sliced
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the pie crust, in a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the coconut oil or vegan butter and combine the ingredients with hands. Add water (or almond milk) gradually (1tbsp at a time) to achieve a desired consistency.
- The mixture should be a little on the dry side. If the dough is too wet dust with flour. Too dry? Add more water.
- As the dough begins to stick together, form a flat disk, wrap and place in fridge for 45 mins or overnight.
- Add the fruit to a large bowl. Top with sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch. Stir and combine, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface. Using a large bowl or free hand cut out a circle. Use the scraps and add them to the middle, roll out the circle again. It doesn’t need to be exact or even.
- Move the dough to the baking pan and begin to fold the edges of the galette.
- Once complete being to spoon the fruit mixture into the center and fold the dough up and over the filling even more.
- Brush the edges of dough with the melted coconut oil or butter and sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Place the galette on the prepared pan and bake until crust is golden and the filling is bubbling, about 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through for an even bake..
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Top with vegan ice cream or coconut whip.
- Category: Zucchini Bread
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 4-6