- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegan granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unrefined virgin or extra-virgin coconut oil (packed)
- 8 to 10 tablespoons ice water
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 6 tbsp corn starch
- 1 6 oz. package vegan strawberry jello
- 3–4 cups strawberries cleaned and de-stemmed
- Combine flour, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the olive oil or coconut oil in small spoonfuls, combine until the largest pieces are pea-size. You could use less oil, but this truly created a flakey crust! Add 8 tablespoons ice water, and continue to combine.
- Squeeze a handful of the dough together; it should just hold its shape. If the mixture is very powdery, pulse in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons ice water. The dough may seem greasy, but don’t worry. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour up to overnight.
- To make rolling easier, let the dough soften up a bit-it should be slightly soft when pressed-at room temperature (this may take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes depending on the temperature of your kitchen).
- Preheat the oven to 375. Roll out the dough on a floured surface. if the dough is breaking apart lay down parchment or wax paper on top as you roll it out. Layer into a pie dish pressing into the pie dish. Crimp and trim the edges as desired. Poke holes in the pie crust with a fork and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Bring water, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil, stirring, until thick and clear. Remove from heat; add strawberry jell-o. Mix well and slightly cool. Fold in strawberries. Pour into pie shell. Store in refrigerator until set; serve with coconut whipped cream. Refrigerate when not serving. Will hold up for 2 days max in fridge, so eat fast!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1