- 1 cup sliced leeks, white + light green part only
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (can always do less)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup soaked cashews, see tips
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sauté sliced leeks in a large pot over medium-high heat until leeks are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped artichokes and garlic; sauté for another 2-4 minutes. Stirring to prevent garlic from burning.
- Now add the white wine, cook for another 3-4 minutes until reduced.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, coconut milk bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- To the blender or food processor add soaked cashews and 1/2 of broth. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture back into the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the chopped spinach. Stir until spinach wilts; season soup with salt and pepper and serve.
If you don’t have time to soak cashews simply place in boiling water for 10minutes to soften.
- Serving Size: 4