- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated vegan Follow Your Heart Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic, cook for 1 minute until translucent. Add the spinach cook for 2-4 minutes until spinach starts to wilt. Set aside. Add artichokes and cook for 4 minutes. I like to get some browning on them for added flavor.
- Drain the excess water from the spinach and combine with the remaining ingredients: cooked artichokes, vegan mayo, vegan parm, onion powder, salt/pepper, optional red pepper flakes.
- Thaw puff pastry at room temperature 30 minutes. Unfold pastry, and place on a lightly floured surface or heavy-duty plastic wrap. Spread one-half spinach mixture evenly over pastry sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Roll up pastry, jellyroll fashion, pressing to seal seam; wrap in heavy-duty plastic wrap. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry and spinach mixture. Freeze 30 minutes; cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. (Rolls may be frozen up to 3 months.)
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. (optional: top with additional parm before baking)
You can split up the spinach with each puff pastry sheet or layer it all into 1. However, the more you fill, the more moisture, and the less time they’ll hold up waiting to be enjoyed!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1