- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup cooled brewed coffee (or water)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds, garnish
- 2 tsp Maldon flake Salt, garnish
- 1 1/2 tubs ready made frosting
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Preheat to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch round or square pan.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, espresso powder, salt and the sugar in the pan. Make 3 indentions in the mixture. 2 small and one large. Pour the vanilla and vinegar into the smaller holes, and oil into the larger hole.
- Add 1/2 cup tahini into the coffee, stir until smooth. Pour the coffee mix over the entire mixture and stir the ingredients until well blended.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is set but springy. Cool the cake in the pan.
- Combine frosting with 2 tbsp tahini in the bowl of a standing mixer. Blend until combined.
- Frost the cake and garnish with sesame seeds. Garnish with Maldon salt and only right before serving. Salt will evaporate and look almost like water droplets on top of the cake.