- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight or placed in boiling water for 5–10 minutes
- 1/2 small boiled potato, peeled (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 yellow onion, quartered
- 3 poblano peppers
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 4oz can mild green chilis (entire can)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeño juice
- 1/2 lime (juice)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Garnish: 1/4 cup diced red onion, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak the cashews in boiling water, set aside.
- Slice poblanos in half, remove seeds, and quarter onion. Place both on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Coat with a little olive oil, salt, pepper. Place peppers face down and roasted for 15 minutes, flipping mid back. Set aside to cool.
- Place soaked cashews, garlic, lime juice, mild chilis, pickled jalapeños, the juice, chili powder, nutritional yeast(optional), cumin, almond and onions in a high powder blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once cooled remove the skins from the peppers. Chop. Fold in the majority of the peppers, placing the remainder on top with chopped red onion, and garnish with cilantro.
- You can add 2tbsp nutritional yeast to the blender if desired!