- 16 carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ras El Hanout seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Arrange the carrots on a large lightly oiled baking sheet. Season the carrots lightly with salt, pepper, and Ra El Hanout seasoning and drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, turn over mid-way through. When carrots are fork tender and nicely caramelized, remove them from the oven and set aside briefly.
- In a large pot over medium heat add 1tbsp olive oil and diced yellow onion and sauté.
- Top with Ras El Hanout spice and cook until translucent. Add the diced garlic and ginger. Continue to cook for an additional 4 minutes to get a slight browning of the onion.
- In blender or food processor add the roasted carrots, onion/garlic/ginger mix, vegetable stock, coconut milk, and blend until smooth. Adjust the texture by adding more vegetable stock.
- Throw back into the pot and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Top with toasted pine nuts and a coconut milk drizzle to serve.
- Serving Size: 1