- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, stir pumpkin, room temp milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to create a thick batter. Pour into a small 8-inch casserole dish with high sides.
- In a separate bowl, stir coconut sugar or brown sugar and pecans together. Spread over the top of the batter evenly.
- Pour the hot water over the entire dish without stirring
- Bake for 40 minutes or once the middle is set. Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To make the caramel sauce add all the ingredients to a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until reduced slightly by half and golden.
- Take 3 tbsps hot almond milk or water and combine with the corn starch. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the mixture on the stove and whisk to combine. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken more once removed from heat.
- Serve with more pecans and vegan vanilla ice cream, and garnish with salted caramel
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Cobbler
- Cuisine: Dessert