- 1/2 cup vegan butter, not melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (be sure not to pack your flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Lily’s Sweets vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle or whisk attachment, or in a bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla on medium-speed until smooth; about 2 minutes. Add in the pumpkin puree and beat on low speed until combined. Turn off mixer.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice; whisk well to combine.
- In increments add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and with the mixer on low speed, beat until ingredients are combined. Fold in the chocolate chips saving a handful to place on top of the cookies.
- Roll roughly three tablespoons worth of dough between your hands. Place on the cookie sheet, flatten with your hand as they won’t spread much. Top with additional chips. Place cookies a few inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until edges are gold and the centers are slightly soft. They’ll puff up in the oven, but come down once fully cooled.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 30 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. I find that they shrink more to look like traditional cookies and are less puffy this way. If you over bake the cookies they will also look more puff like. The cookies will become more soft after stored.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1