- Heat oven to 350 degrees F., line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp pineapple juice, vanilla extract, crushed drained pineapple, to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fill batter into the muffin cups. Top with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. The larger you make the muffins the longer it will take to cook thru. If the tops begin to dry out or the coconut begins to brown too much simply make a tent with aluminum foil to prevent them from further drying out.
If you want to add more crushed pineapple, you could get away with 3/4 cup, a lil moisture will be added, but still really good and not soggy!
- Serving Size: 1