- 1/3 cup sugar cane
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour (more for dusting)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 cup diced peaches
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp follow your heart egg powder
- 4 tbsp almond milk
for the glaze (optional):
- 2 tbsp coarse sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly dust with almond flour, and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk with the vegan egg powder, almond extract, allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sugar, and salt. Add the solid coconut oil to the dry ingredients, using your hands to pinch it into the flour (pea sized or smaller pieces is ideal). Gently fold the peaches into the flour mixture.
- Make a well in the center and add the vegan egg mixture a little at a time. You may not need all of it. Stir until a slightly sticky, very thick dough forms. Be careful not to overwork the dough. Top with coarse sugar and additional peaches (you can also press almonds into the scones or top later)
- Transfer the dough to your prepared baking sheet. Lightly dust it with more almond lour, then form it into an 8-inch round and cut into 8 parts. The larger the pieces, the harder it will be to cook thru. If mixture is too wet, add more flour gradually until it form a firm dough. Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.(optional) Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until golden. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Allow the scones to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the scones cool, make the glaze: In a small mixing bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and almond milk until no lumps remain. Drizzle the scones with the glaze, top with more almonds and serve.
I recommend separating the scones a few inches to ensure that they cook all the way through.
- Serving Size: 1