- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (additional for topping)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh peaches, sliced (additional for topping optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick — see note below for more details). Fold in the diced peach, and fill into the muffin cups. Top with additional sliced peaches, oats, and sugar cane. (I used coarse sugar)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops are browning too much, simply turn down the heat to 375 for the remaining bake. Allow to cool in the muffin tins, then enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1