Rice Krispie Treats:
- 6 Tbsp. Vegan Butter or Coconut Oil
- 2 bags of My Dandie vegan Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Cereal (you can use any kind you prefer)
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 cups vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium oranges, thinly sliced
- Candied Oranges: In a large fry pan add the sugar and water. Gently stir until mixture comes to gentle boil. Add in the orange slices in a single layer.
- After 15 minutes flip orange slices and reduce heat to simmer.
- Continue to cook for 20 minutes or until peels are translucent, syrup should also be thickened.
- Place slices on wire rack to cool, once cooled they should be sticky to the touch. Once cooled cut orange slices in half.
- Marshmallow Treats: Melt the coconut oil or vegan butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add Mini Marshmallows, stir until they are completely melted.
- Once completely melted add the extracts and orange zest, continue to combine.
- Turn off the heat. Add the Rice Krispie cereal, and mix until the cereal is completely coated with the Marshmallow Mixture.
- Layer into a 9×11″ pan covered with parchment paper. Press the mixture down into the pan using a piece of additional parchment paper to protect your hands. Allow to cool.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 10 seconds until fully melted. Top the cooled rice squares with the melted chocolate. Top with the optional candied oranges and additional orange zest. the Cut into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 1