- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup cooled brewed coffee (or water/almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup crushed cookies (remove icing)
- 1 tub ready made icing
- 1 tsp matcha
- Preheat to 375°F. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a 8″ pan mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and the sugar.
- Make three holes in the mixture. 2 small and 1 large. Pour the vanilla and vinegar into the smaller holes and oil into the larger hole.
- Pour the coffee over the entire mixture and stir until well blended.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is set but springy. Cool the cake in the pan. Once cooled remove.
- Icing: Take ready made vegan icing and throw in the bowl of a standing mixer. Whip the icing and add the peppermint extract and matcha. Stop blending and now fold in the crushed cookies. Ice the cooled cake and serve!
- Serving Size: 1