- 3 cups – flour
- 2 tablespoons of flour (optional)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp orange extract (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsps orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Follow Your Heart vegan eggs combine with 1/2 almond milk or water
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup champagne
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp champagne
- 2 tsp orange zest
- Make the cake: Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Generously coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with the 1 tablespoon of oil. Dust with the flour. (optional)
- Whisk the flour, orange zest, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the vegan eggs, oil, champagne and vanilla extract, blossom water, and mix with in a standing or hand mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake until the cake is lightly browned and springs bake when gingerly pressed with a finger, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan, place back on the rack, and cool completely before frosting.
- Make the glaze: combine the powdered sugar and champagne, add the zest and whisk until smooth. Modify if need to achieve the desired consistency. Garnish with orange zest. Glaze should cling to the cake, if too runny simply allow the icing to set for 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1