For the Crust
- 1 and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
For the Filling
- 3 tbsp vegan egg powder combine with 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups mango puree – I used canned
- 1/2 cup flour
- coconut whip topping
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 and 3/4 cup flour, coconut sugar, and coconut. Cut in coconut oil with your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the mixture into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the mango puree, lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and vegan eggs. Lastly, gently stir in 1/2 cup flour. Pour mixture over the crust. Reduce heat in the oven to 325 F and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Will be firm on the outside, slightly jiggly on the inside. Let cool and refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting bars. Top with coconut whip and toasted coconut. If you find that they are not firm enough, simply pop back in the oven and refrigerate again.
To make the mango puree, combined 2 cups diced mangoes, 1 Tablespoon water and 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Process in a blender until smooth.
- Category: Bars
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1