- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mango puree (room temp) – I used can, make puree in notes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2–4 tbs mango puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9×5″ loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, mango puree, almond milk (room temp) maple syrup if desired, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. If the oil begins to solidify due to the almond milk not being cold enough simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry, just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with coconut and macadamia nuts. Bake for 30 minutes – 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine icing ingredients and pour over top
Add 1 tbs lime juice to the wet for a more cake like texture and tropical flavor! (optional)
To make the mango puree, combined 2 cups diced mangoes, 1 Tablespoon water and 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Process in a blender until smooth.
- Category: Breads
- Cuisine: Breakfast/Dessert
- Serving Size: 1