- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 sheet seaweed, (sushi roll size)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 4 large celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped (garnish)
- 1 can Hearts of Palm
- In a large pot over medium heat add the broth and seaweed.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, 10 mins. Remove the seaweed. Set aside.
- In another large pot over medium heat add the vegan butter, shallots, carrots, garlic, celery, old bay, Worcestershire, smoked paprika, thyme, cayenne, salt/pepper, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, cook for an additional 4, continually stirring.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pot, bring to simmer, then reduce to low heat, cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the seaweed infused broth, bay leaf, almond milk, and cashews.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and throw in a blender. Blend until smooth. Garnish heart of palm, chopped chives and Old Bay.
- Serving Size: 4