- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup olives
- 1 avocado
- 4 cups greens (your choice)
- fresh cilantro and lime juice for serving
- 2 large tortilla
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 adobo peppe w/saucer (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt*
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 1/2cups almond milk
- 5 sprigs cilantro
- salt to taste
- 2/3 cup red onion
- Add the lentils and stock to a large pan, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Cook for 10-15 mins and as the stock begins to reduce, add the spices and chipotle pepper.Continue to cook until soft, set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk to achieve desired consistency and salt to taste. Store in fridge until ready to use. For more of a green color and nutrient boost, add spinach!
- To make the tortilla bowls set the oven to 350 and place the shells in a large greased oven safe bowl. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange the green in the tortilla salad bowls and top with the lentils, tomatoes, black beans, olives, corn, and avocado. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro. Finish with lime juice and cashew dressing and enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: 1