- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (additional for topping, optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil, (you can use coconut oil if preferred)
- 1 large banana, mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbsp rosemary, chopped (you can always do more)
- Lemon zest (optional)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- F. For big-topped muffins, use the large muffin tins/liners or line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk the flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mash banana. Now add in the olive oil, room temp almond milk, vanilla and lemon juice, lemon extract (optional), and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chopped rosemary. (The muffin batter will be quite thick)
- Fill into the muffin cups
- Place in the oven and cover with a tinfoil tin to protect the tops. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Icing: Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice and adjust to create the desired consistency. Drizzle over top and garnish with additional rosemary and lemon zest.
*the more ripe your banana is the darker the batter will be
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1