- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1–2 lemons)
- 2 tbsp dairy free sour cream or yogurt
- 1 tbsp poppy-seeds
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
Pickled red onion:
- Pickled Red Onion: Slice the onion into thin rings. Place in a jar. In a pan over med/high heat add the vinegar, salt, sugar, and water.
- Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and pour into the jar with the onions. Allow to come to room temperature and place in the fridge. Ready in 30 minutes. Best enjoyed within a week!
- Cucumber Salad: In a large bowl add the thinly sliced cucumber and pickled red onion.
- In a small jar add all of the ingredients minus the pickled red onion and cucumbers. Place a top on the jar and shake or simply whisk together in a bowl combine all of the flavors.
- Pour over the thinly sliced cucumbers and pickled red onion. The longer you let the salad sit, the more the flavors are absorbed into the cucumbers. There is enough dressing for 2 cucumber salads or more!
There is enough dressing for 2 or more salads!
- Category: Cookie Skillet
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 2-4