Blueberry Lemon Loaf:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup neutral oil or coconut (melted)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or 6–8 packets of stevia
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsps applesauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries + 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice use more or less as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, vegan yogurt, applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract until fully combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. If the oil starts to solidify simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with the 2 teaspoons of flour. Then, fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If needed, cover loosely with foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes in the loaf pan. Carefully remove from the loaf pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze:Once the bread has cooled, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Start with two tablespoons of lemon juice and whisk well. If your mixture is too thick, slowly add up to one more tablespoon of lemon juice. You want the glaze to be thin enough to drizzle, but thick enough to set up on the bread. If the glaze is too thin, add more powdered sugar as needed.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the glaze on top of the bread and spread it around. The glaze should harden up a little more after about 15-20 minutes.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to four days. Bread will freeze well for up to three months, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving Size: 1