- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, room temp almond milk, vanilla extract, lemon extract (optional), lemon zest, and lemon juice to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the fresh blackberries saving a few to throw on top, and fill into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops begin to dry out simply make a tent with aluminum foil to prevent them from further drying out.
- Serving Size: 1