- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup fine cornmeal
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup non dairy milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup fresh or frozen yellow corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 cup frozen fire roasted corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, mix together the flour, corn meal, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Toss in the corn, chopped jalapeño and scallions. Toss and coat. Add the non dairy milk and stir until combined. The batter will be thick, this is ok!
- Cook the fritters: Heat 1/3 cup vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Form patties with the batter. You can make them whatever size or thickness you’d like. The flatter you get them, the faster they’ll cook. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Place on paper towels to absorb any residual oil and season with salt.
- Chipotle Aioli: In a small bowl combine the vegan mayo and adobo sauce. Whisk until smooth.
- To serve, garnish with the chipotle aioli, chipped cilantro, and garnish with lime.
You can use all fire roasted corn, but the color of the fritters may be a lil darker
You can also mix all the dry ingredients together, add in the almond milk, then fold in the jalapeños, corn, and scallions. You’ll have to press the into the batter as it’s very thick, but still works!