- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour, plus additional for rolling
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt (Kosher or Table Salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, very cold (8 tbsp)
- 2 jalapeños, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 cup vegan Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper; set aside.In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and black pepper; whisk well to combine.
- Add the vegan butter to the flour and using your fingertips rub the butter into the mix, stopping when the mixture is a coarse meal.
- Stir in the chopped jalapeño and vegan cheddar.
- Gradually add the almond milk stir with a fork just until a messy (sticky) ball is formed.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and knead (with very floured hands) until the dough has been worked into a ball; about 6-7 times should do it. Don’t overwork the dough as they won’t rise well.
- Pat the ball down into a 1″ thick round, then use a biscuit cutter to cut out as many rounds as possible, re-rolling the scraps as needed. I like to fold the dough in half creating 2 layers, then cut out the biscuits to create larger ones.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes while you preheat the oven. This isn’t required, but if you want to retain the most height with biscuits, chill the dough.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. I like to rotate the pan mid bake.
- Serving Size: 1