Herb Cashew Cheese:
- 1 cup soaked cashew
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea Salt + ground black pepper as needed
- French Bread
- Herb Cashews Cheese: Soak cashews overnight or in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, and place in a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pickled blueberries: Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, along with the vinegar in a medium sized pan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook for 5 minutes. Stir blueberries into the vinegar; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. As the blueberries heat, gently shake the pot. Do not stir to avoid breaking the berries. Remove from heat, allow to cool in the pan. Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves. Now drain the liquid with and place it back into the pan. If you’d like an easier removal you can use a cheese cloth to hold the cinnamon/cloves and then remove at the end.
- Set on med/high heat. Stir in the white sugars; bring to a boil. Boil until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Now pour the thickened sauce in the jar with the berries. To make this appetizer, toast sliced French Bread in the oven with a lil olive oil, spread on the Herb Cheese and top with the pickled blueberries. Garnish with sliced basil.
- Category: Cinnamon Rolls
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1