- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- Salt/pepper as needed
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oats (measure pre grinded)
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 small green onions, minced (green part only)
- 1/2 cup chopped black or kalamata olives
- 2 1/2 tbsp. minced parsley
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 1 small container of vegan plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 1/2 small seedless cucumbers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp. Fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- salt/pepper as needed
- 4 burger buns
- red onion
- Burgers: Cook quinoa according to instructions with vegetable stock. Drain quinoa well. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Add onion to oil and cook until tender and browned around edges, stirring frequently. Stir in garlic, oregano, salt/pepper. Cook until fragrant, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat. Set aside.
- Place oats in a food processor and pulse into dust.
- Place in a large bowl with the drained/rinsed chickpeas, quinoa, sautéed onion mixture, Panko, dill, parsley, lemon, oat flour, green onions, chopped olives, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well, then divide into 4 patties.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet. Add patties to oil and cook until browned on both sides.
- Tzatziki Sauce: While Greek burgers are cooking, mix together cucumber, vegan yogurt/sour cream, mint, minced garlic, lemon and dill. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top burgers with arugula, red onion, tzatziki sauce.
- Category: Burger
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner