- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- pinch-1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, pepper
- 1 16 oz. pkg. vegan potato gnocchi
- 1 cup Matchstick carrots
- 2 1/2 cups packed chopped spinach
- Melt vegan butter in olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add the bay leaf, all the dried herbs, and broth. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. 7 minutes.
- Place the soaked cashews, dijon, 2 cups almond milk, and nutritional yeast in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Add back into the pot with the broth/herbs. Simmer 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaf.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of almond milk. Stir in gnocchi and shredded carrots and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or just until the gnocchi are cooked.
- Stir in spinach and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add additional almond milk if desired to achieve a thinner consistency.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serving Size: 4