- 1 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Zest of 1 orange (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 3 tbsps coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, mashed banana, molasses, orange zest, room temp almond milk and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Top with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops are browning too much, simply turn down the heat to 375 for the remaining bake.
- Serving Size: 1