- 1 eggplant (about 1 ½ pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, cut on bulb
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1 cup panko (Japanese-style) bread crumbs
- Other: 4 cups of pasta and your favorite marinara
- 1/2 cup vegan parm (optional)
- Preheat the oven (with the oven rack in the middle) to 400°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Slice the garlic bulb, coat in olive oil, wrap in aluminum foil, place in the oven to roast.
- On a large baking sheet add the peeled and chopped eggplant, cauliflower, bell pepper, and onion.
- Coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss together and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast for about 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Toss veggie mid bake.
- Meanwhile, cook the brown rice according to directions.
- Put the roasted vegetables in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped but not smooth. Scrape into a large bowl and stir in the Panko and brown rice. You can add a 1/2 cup vegan parm in here if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Shape the mixture into balls, about 2 inches in diameter. Space them 1 inch apart on the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until slightly browned and crisp on the outside and heated through.
- Serve with the marinara sauce and a little more parmesan and your pasta of choice!
- Category: Meatballs
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: 1