- 1 1/2 cups flour + 2tbs
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (extra for topping)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2tbs coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine mashed bananas (make sure to remove nearly all clumps), almond milk (room temp), maple syrup, vanilla, melted coconut oil and peanut butter. If the oil begins to solidify due to the cold almond milk, simply pop in the microwave for a minute.
- Throw dark chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds until fulling melted, set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, just until incorporated. remove half of the batter and combine it with the melted chocolate.
- Pour both the batters into the pan in layers. You can swirl them together on the top with a knife if desired.
- Top with additional chocolate chips. To make sure they adhered well, you can slightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top begins to cook too much simply make a tinfoil tint on top to protect it.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For more chocolate flavor, add 1-2tbs coco powder into the melted chocolate (I did this) For more swirl effect you can also swirl the top with the a knife.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Banana Bread
- Cuisine: Bread
- Serving Size: 1