- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool. Remove the skins and coarsely chop.
- Make the crust. Melt the vegan butter and stir into chocolate cookie dish. Press into a springform pan. You can go about halfway up the sides (optional). Place in the fridge until ready to fill (you can also bake this if preferred on 375 degrees for 10 minutes)
- Make the filling: Throw all the ingredients in the food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. It make take a few minutes to blend up the hazelnuts. Pour into the crust and chill in the fridge for a few hours or ideally overnight. Top with fresh berries. I recommend refrigerating the cheesecake when not being served, but should hold up for a few hours at room temp.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1