- Trim the ends from the celery; if desired, peel the stalks. Thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Peel and slice the cucumber.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Cut the Asian pear in half and remove the core; thinly slice the fruit.
- Halve tofu lengthwise, then slice crosswise into 8 slices. Gently press tofu between paper towels to absorb liquid.
- Stir cornstarch, baking soda, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Dredge tofu in cornstarch mixture, turning to coat and shaking off excess.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high. Working in 2 batches, cook tofu until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer on to paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Combine the salad ingredients with the tofu, garnish with optional sesame seeds, and top with a ginger dressing.
- Serving Size: 1