- 4 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 cups broccoli florets, 12 ounces
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews
- Handful of fresh spinach (optional)
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Garnish: chopped parsley + toasted pine nuts
- In a medium sized stock pot, sauté onions, carrots, garlic, and celery, 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and broccoli, bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook 7-10 minutes until broccoli has softened. In a large blender add the soaked cashews, almond milk, and broth/broc mixture.
- Blend until smooth and return to the pot to simmer on low. Add additional broth if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- You may have to do this in segments depending on the size of your blender.
- Add fresh spinach to brighten the color, optional.
If you don’t have time to soak cashews, simply pop them in the microwave for 2 minute increments until softened.
- Category: Beer Cheese
- Cuisine: Soup
- Serving Size: 4-6