- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. You’ll need more than one tray.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, granulated sugar, applesauce and vanilla, and mix well.
- In another bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry to wet and combine until a dough forms. Try not to over mix.
- Now add in the crushed cookies until just incorporated.Using a tablespoon sized scooper, drop mounds of dough onto the baking sheet 2 inches apart (we fit 6-12 on each sheet and baked these in 3 batches).
- Slightly press down on them.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly brown.
- The cookies will seem soft will firm up while they cool, promise!
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes after removing them from the oven and then carefully transfer them onto a cooling rack using a spatula. Allow to fully cool.
*You can switch up the sugar, but brown and coconut will make them darker
*You can use any oil if you don’t want to use coconut
- Serving Size: 1