- 2 servings whole wheat soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, plus a splash
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Half a cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch by 1/8-inch by 2-inch sticks
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps cilantro, chopped
- Garnish: limes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until barely tender, about 5 minutes. They should retain a hint of chewiness. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again and toss with a splash of sesame oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the soy sauce, rice vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with cucumber, chopped peanuts, scallions and cilantro.