- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews (optional)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt/pepper as desired
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime (wedges, garnish)
- Soak cashews in boiling water.
- Drain water from tofu with paper towels. Slice into cubes.
- Heat coconut oil in large saucepan or stock pot over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic, lemongrass paste, thai red curry paste, and sautee for about two minutes.
- Add the sliced red bell pepper and sauce until soft, about 5-7 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and soaked cashews to a high power blender. Blend until smooth. Add to the pan with the red bell pepper and add brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add in the tofu, gently tossing and coating. Remove from heat, stir in the lime juice.
- Serve with jasmine rice and top with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.