- In large bowl, add 2/3 cup warm water, sugar, and yeast.
- After 5 minutes, add the oil, bread flour, white flour and salt to the yeast mixture.
- Combine with hands until it forms a dough. If the dough seems too dry, add water 1 tbsp at a time.
- Remove the dough from bowl, add a little bit of oil to coat the bowl and prevent sticking, and place dough back, cover with plastic wrap or a towel. Let proof for 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and break the dough into 4 sections and start shaping the dough. With each piece I work the middle with both hands and press outward to stretch the dough into ropes. Slice into 1 inch pieces or whatever size you like!
- Preheat the oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- In large pot, combine water and baking soda and bring it boil. Soak the pretzels one at a time for 20-30 seconds. They should float to the top. Any more and they may have too much of a metallic taste. Place pretzel on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes. Rotate mid bake. I like to under bake these so they are less hard, and the cinnamon sugar mixture sticks more. Remove from oven, allow to cool.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a small dish. Dip pretzels in melted butter, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5-10 mins
- Serving Size: 1