- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup apple sauce or banana (I used cinnamon applesauce)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 peeled, chopped pear (about 1 cup)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. For big-topped muffins, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, sugar, applesauce or mashed banana, room temp almond milk, and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the pears saving a few to throw on top, and fill into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean. If the tops begin to dry out simply make a tent with aluminum foil to prevent them from further drying out.
- Serving Size: 1