- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temp
- 1 tsp cinnamon (you can do less for a lighter colored muffin)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F., line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mash the banana, then add the melted coconut oil, sugar, almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredient lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fill batter into the muffin cups.Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.The larger you make the muffins the longer it will take to cook thru.
- If the tops begin to dry out simply make a tent with aluminum foil and continue baking. I do this with all muffins to preserve the tops! Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tins.
- For the topping: In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and sugar. In another small bowl melt the 5 Tablespoons of vegan butter.
- Dip the muffins into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serving Size: 1