- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan add water, coconut oil, sugar and salt. Mix together until coconut oil melts and water boils.
- Turn off heat when water boils and add flour. Mix until you get a dough. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a loaf pan.
- Add the cooled dough to a pastry bag. Create 7inch long churros. Cut the ends off with a knife.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes turning midway for an even bake. If you feel they are still not cooked thru. Turn off the oven and allow them to further dry out by sitting in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once baked allow to cool, brush with melted vegan butter and dip into the pant with the cinnamon and sugar to coat.
- To make the ganache combine the chips and coconut oil and microwave for 1 minute stirring every 15 seconds to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- To make the caramel sauce add all the ingredients to a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until reduced slightly by half and golden. Take 3 tbsps water of water and combine with the corn starch. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the mixture on the stove and whisk to combine. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken even more once removed from heat.
- Category: Churro
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1