- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, almond flour, and maple syrup or honey. Combine with a spatula until it forms a consistent cookie dough. If it’s not forming a dough simply add a little more maple syrup 1-2 tsp at a time.
- Divide dough into 5-7 large cookies.
- Place each cookie ball on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with your hand palm, then use a fork to flatten more and create a fork print on top of your peanut butter cookies.
- The cookies won’t expand while baking so no need to spread out the cookies on sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until sides are golden.
- Place on a cooling rack.
- The cookies will be slightly soft, but will firm up on the cooling rack.
- Allow to completely cool.One cooled, scoop any ice cream desired and layer between two cookies.
- Throw in the freezer for 10 minutes so that they keep their shape.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute combining after intervals of 15 seconds to prevent burning.
- Dip the chilled ice cream sandwiches into the melted chocolate.
- While still wet, sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Place back on the baking sheet and place in the freezer to set. 10 minutes.
*To make the perfect slices for the ice cream middle, cut the through actual pint of ice cream making slices and peel off the package.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1