- Heat oven to 375 degrees F., line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. For standard-size muffins line 10 muffin cups. (optional) Fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, sugar, mashed banana, almond milk and vanilla extract to a bowl and whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too cold and coconut oil begins to solidify, simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and lightly combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be quite thick) Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill batter into the muffin cups. Top with additional chipsBake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
- The larger you make the muffins the longer it will take to cook thru.
- If the tops begin to dry out simply make a tent with aluminum foil and continue baking. I do this with all muffins to preserve the tops!
- Serving Size: 1