- 1/2 large white onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/2 large can organic crushed tomatoes, 28oz
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large carrot (fork tender)
- 1 small potato (fork tender)
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for at least 2hrs in hot water)
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast1 tbs vegan Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp cumin1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder1 tsp onion powder
- 1 chili in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 squeeze lime
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- salt/pepper as desired
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- Tortilla chips as needed
- 1 Bag Whole Foods Frozen Grilled Corn, defrosted
- In a large pot over medium heat cook the garlic with olive oil and until fragrant. (2 minutes)
- Add the diced onions, red bell pepper, adobo peppers, liquid smoke, vegan Worcestershire, cumin and chili powder and cook for an additional 5 minutes until onions are slightly browned.
- Rinse all of the beans and add them to the pot with the crushed tomatoes, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes to let the flavors blend and allow it to thicken.
- For the best flavor, let the chili simmer on low for a few hours.
- If you haven’t soaked the cashews for a long time, add them to the blender first with a little almond milk. Blend until smooth.
- If not simply add everything in and blend until smooth. For a more vibrant orange simply add an additional fork tender carrot. To monitor the heat factor you can add 1/2 the adobo pepper and blend.
- Add more almond milk a little at a time to achieve the desired consistency if yours is too thick.
- Top with the garnishes. Store in the fridge if not enjoying. pop in the microwave to enjoy warm! (be sure to stir occasionally to prevent it from drying out)
- To assemble lay out all the chips then top with chili, grilled corn, avocado, vegan sour cream, nacho cheese, limes, cilantro and red onion!
*You’ll have leftover chili and nacho cheese to make another sheet if desired
*Use 4 cups of broth and a whole can (28oz) to make chili to be enjoyed solo
*Add faux beef crumbles if desired
- Serving Size: 6-10