- 2 medium size celery roots, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsps chopped sage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 2 tbsps vegan butter or olive oil
- Set a large pot of water to boiling. Wash and peel the celery root bulb, chop into large chunks for faster cooking. You can leave it on and peel after too if desired. Place the pieces in the boiling water, add about 1tsp salt an reduce to a simmer for 15 minute or until fork tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat add 1 tbsp or olive oil or butter and saute the shallots and sage for a few minutes, add the garlic and saute for another few minutes. Make sure not to burn. Season with a little salt and pepper and remove from heat and set aside.
- If you want a chunkier potato simply mash and add the sour cream, oil, and almond milk a little at a time. Otherwise, throw the potatoes, sour cream and oil in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Fold in the garlic and sage mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 1